I have delivered three children in a hospital and one of the things that bothers me the most are the hospital gowns they make you wear. That is why I was so excited to find Gownies, which are really cute maternity hospital gowns that give you the option of wearing your own gown instead of the one that the hospital provides.
One of the things that bothers me the most about hospital gowns is knowing that other people wore them before you. Yes, I know that the hospital washes them after every use but still, it kind of makes me ill thinking another woman gave birth in the gown a few days ago.
This is why I think buying Gownies is one of the best ideas for any pregnant woman. In fact, I recommend you buy two of them, one for before the baby comes and one for after the baby comes. Plus, the patterns are so cute it will be hard deciding which maternity hospital gown you want to buy.
And of course you will look super cute in all your pictures with your Gownies hospital gown and it is just something special you can buy for yourself during this so special event in your life.
Here are just some of the patterns for Gownies you can choose from:
The nice thing about Gownies is that they are not just cute hospital gowns for pregnant women. They are functional and have some nice features as well. No more worrying that your butt is hanging out of your gown because it comes untied in the back. Or worrying that when someone comes to visit you after the baby is born they can see right through your hospital gown.
Unique Features of Gownies
These cute hospital gowns for pregnancy and post partum have several features that make them nice for these two different periods of having your baby.
Here are some of the features that appealed to me the most.
- No ties in the back, but they snap all the way up the back and give you complete coverage over your bottom. No worrying about if your butt is hanging out all the time. Especially important after having the baby and people come to visit you in the hospital.
- 100% cotton which means 100% comfortable and not itchy or scratchy. They really are comfortable but yet cute as well
- Off the shoulder front snaps which allows for easy breastfeeding.
- For me, being that I am a taller woman, they are actually longer than the hospital gowns that I have worn in the past. I like this because again, I don’t want everyone seeing my butt when visiting after the baby.
- They are machine washable so you can use them again if you wanted. I’m not sure I would use the same one again, but I have read women simply washing the Gownies and using the same one for another delivery.
- The patterns are fun and cute and when you are in the hospital you sometimes need fun and cute stuff to make you a little happier.
These cute hospital gowns maternity sized are perfect for women who may be having a home birth as well. If you are having a home birth and you don’t want to fully be exposed all the time, a Gownies is the perfect option. Easy access to breastfeeding and very comfortable.
Size Guide for These Awesome Hospital Gowns for Delivery and Beyond
Unlike the one size fits all gowns you get at the hospital, Gownies come in three different sizes.
Small/Medium (size 0-10 pre-pregnancy)
Large/ XL Large (size 10-18 pre-pregnancy)
XXL (size 18-24 pre-pregnancy)
According to the maker’s of Gownies if you are in between sizes or right on the edge, they recommend you go up a size when you order since having a bigger maternity gown is a lot more comfortable than having one too small.
If I end up getting pregnant again, I will definitely be buying another Gownies for my delivery and post partum stay at the hospital. I think the hardest choice will be choosing which one of these cut hospital gowns I want to wear.